Isabel del Cid Castillo
Isabel del Cid Castillo, Esq. has been practicing law since 2003. She was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala and is fluent in Spanish. Ms. Castillo immigrated to the United States in 1982. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Florida in 2002. She passed the Florida Bar on her first attempt and was formally sworn in on May 5, 2003. Ms. Castillo is also a member of the Northern, Middle and Southern District Courts of Florida.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Castillo gained her trial experience working as an Assistant State Attorney in Broward County where she completed dozens of judge and jury trials. She then went on to practice civil litigation in the areas of insurance defense and long term care. While in this position, Ms. Castillo was part of the National Panel Counsel for a multi-million dollar insurance company overseeing many local counsel in different states in order to lead defense strategy in preparation for trial.
While working for a large Florida law firm, Ms. Castillo had the opportunity to extend her areas of focus to professional malpractice. She is familiar with handling complex medical malpractice cases from inception through trial. It was also during this time when Ms. Castillo began to practice immigration law by helping clients on a pro bono basis.
In 2011, Ms. Castillo founded the Law Offices of Isabel Castillo, P.A., focusing on immigration and personal injury law. Ms. Castillo’s immigration practice focuses on helping corporate clients seeking outstanding foreign employees as well as helping foreign investors get the appropriate type of visa to allow them to live and work in the United States. Ms. Castillo also assists clients seeking immigrant visas for themselves and for qualifying family members. She also assists individuals with their citizenship and naturalization. Ms. Castillo’s personal injury and wrongful death practice focuses on auto accidents, premises liability, negligent security, maritime accidents, and more.
Ms. Castillo has served as an officer on the Board for the Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association and the South Palm Beach County Florida Association for Women Lawyers. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the South Palm Beach County Bar Association.
Ms. Castillo was selected as a 2011 Rising Star by Super Lawyers, a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer recognition. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
In 2014, Ms. Castillo was awarded with an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell which is a significant accomplishment – a testament to the fact that Ms. Castillo’s peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
Areas of Practice:
- Investor Visas
- Employment-Based Immigration
- Family-Based Immigration
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Auto Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Trip and Falls
- Negligent Security
- Maritime Accidents
- Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2006
- University of Florida – Frederick G. Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2002
Honors & Awards:
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer Magazine’s Rising Star
- 10/10 AVVO Rating
- “Invertir en Florida,” Bogota, Colombia, 2020
- “Invertir en Florida,” Medellin, Colombia, 2020
- “Recent Changes in the E-B5 Program and Other Immigration Options for Investors,” Realtor Association of the Palm Beach County, 2019
- “Invertir en Finca Raiz y Visas en USA,” Bogota, Colombia, 2019
- “The Wall, Immigration and the American Dream: An Ongoing National Debate,”Palm Beach State College Legal Panel, 2019
- “Immigration Law and its Impact on International Clients in Real Estate Transactions,” Realtors of the Palm Beaches and Greater Fort Lauderdale, 2018
- “Immigration in the Trump Era: Dreamers and the Future of Legal Migration to the United States,” Palm Beach State College Legal Panel, 2018
- “Changes in Immigration Under a New Administration,” Palm Beach State College Legal Panel, 2017
- “Immigration Changes in the New Administration,” Immigration Forum, 2017
- “Business Visa Options for National and International Businesses,” Palm Beach County Transactional Law Committee, 2016
- “Updates in Immigration Law,” Palm Beach Hispanic Bar Association, 2013
- “Immigration Law – Hot Topics,” HACER Legal Fair, 2013
- “Immigration Law – Hot Topics,” Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association, 2012
- “Practicing Immigration Law,” Palm Beach State College Legal Panel, 2011
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association – Current Member
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (South Palm Beach Chapter) – Former Board Member, Current Member
- Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association – Former Board Member, Current Member
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association – Current Member
Adelina Ruiz Baez – Of Counsel
Adelina Ruiz Baez is a licensed attorney experienced in the areas of business law and corporate law. She received her Bachelor of Arts from Herbert H. Lehman College, City University of New York, and earned her law degree from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Ms. Ruiz is dedicated to assisting entrepreneurs in structuring their business organizations, selling and purchasing businesses, creating an effective business plan, drafting a variety of commercial and employment contracts, and handling various commercial litigation matters.
Located in Boca Raton, Florida, The Law Offices of Isabel Castillo provides individual and corporate immigration law counsel in Palm Beach County, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Palm Beach, Broward County, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Margate, Miramar, Oakland Park, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Tamarac, Weston, Miami-Dade County, Aventura, Coral Gables, Doral, and Miami. She also provides services to international clients from around the world including Mexico, Central America, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama, the Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago, Bahamas, Haiti, Jamaica, South America, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Paraguay, Europe, Spain, England, Ireland, France, Asia, China, Philippines, and Vietnam.